Nevel is an advanced infrastructure company, committed to taking its customer’s utility infrastructure to the next level that promotes climate positive future where people, communities and businesses can prosper. The company operates more than 130 energy production sites and manages over 40 district heating networks with the most sophisticated digital platform in the industry. The company’s turnover is EUR 100 million. Nevel employs 150 experts in Finland, Sweden, and Estonia.
Head of Health and Safety
We at Nevel take safety seriously. Any accident is an accident too much. We see the role of safety and sustainability as a business driver. It is the foundation for everything we do – our business and the service we provide for our customers. Our ambition is to develop our safety practices to the highest level possible, building a safe working environment for our employees, customers, and partners, and building our competitive edge.
Nevel´s Head of Health and safety develops, implements, and builds safety approach and culture across the markets we operate in (Finland, Sweden, Estonia) on an international level. The Head of Health and safety will be located in our office in Stockholm or in Lomma (Malmö office) and report to the Director of Sustainability and Communications, located in Vantaa, Finland, and dotted line to Director Municipal infrastructure and Production in Sweden.
An ideal candidate is already an established Health and Safety professional and leader with solid and broad functional understanding. The candidate has strategic and analytical mindset with proven understanding and track-record on execution in international company environment.
We would like you to understand requirements for building a standardized and recognized safety culture in a company with high focus on energy production. We appreciate hands on approach and good project management and communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building and leading a systematic and holistic Nevel safety standard and culture across the whole organization together with Business lines and safety officers
- Developing and implementing highest quality safety practices, tools and concepts for benefit of our employees, customers and suppliers
- Planning and implementing safety audits and inspections to ensure relevant output, reporting and learnings
- Planning, setting, and following up Nevel safety targets (e.g.TRI), KPIs and certifications
- Taking ownership and developing safety related communication
- Ensures practices and process for occupational health in cooperation with other functions such as HR
- Leading safety development and building a solid way of working.
Qualification & Experience
- 10-15 years in energy or process industry
- Experience in managing health and safety in an international environment,
- Experience of leading and managing teams and implementing safety culture in the organization.
- University Degree in Engineering, EHS or Business
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid communication and influencing skills
- Good project management and execution skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Swedish
For this position, AIMS International Sweden is operating as a Recruitment Agency for the supply of staff. To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsible recruitment consultant is Mikko Taipale, Partner, Executive Search at AIMS International Sweden. Contact details can be found through the following link: https://aimsinternational.com/sv/consultant/mikko-taipale/